We offer a number of options for clients from competitive hourly rates, fixed and agreed fees to monthly or annual retainers, contact us for details.
Please note you do not incur any fee until you have agreed it, so call us today for a free chat about our fee options.
Do you have a one off piece of work, such as a contract or handbook review, or just need advice on whether your legal matter has reasonable prospects? Our fixed fees range from £145.
We can offer fixed fees for such matters so you know that, regardless of the work involved, you only pay that fee.
Would you like the equivalent of an in-house legal department? We offer annual retainer services, for either employment law, commercial law or a mix of the two for a fixed monthly fee from £120 a month, giving you access to legal advice and resources. Contact us for further information on our range of retainers.
Do you want to ensure your contracts and company handbooks are up to date throughout the year? Our annual contract review retainer, from £120 a month, gives you peace of mind in ensuring you are advised, and your contracts are amended, as and when employment changes come into force.
We prefer to work with fixed fees and retainers but if you did prefer to instruct us on a time basis, as we are a small niche firm, we can offer competitive hourly rates without the high cost and overheads passed on from other solicitor firms. Plus we don’t charge for time in six minute units like traditional firms, you pay for the actual time taken!
We offer cost estimates so you can understand the costs involved and issue regular invoices so you can keep on top of your legal expenditure. See our FAQs for further details.
Fee Transparency – Employment Tribunals
We conduct the case management of Employment Tribunals for both individuals and companies. This means you can instruct us to file a claim or defend a claim. We then act for you for the entire claim.
Our charges vary due to the type of claim, number of witnesses and time required. We have two charges, legal fees and disbursements. The basis of our legal fees from being instructed from the beginning is as follows:
- Wages claims – typically a wages claim takes us between 15 and 20 hours and our hourly rate is £200 per hour. There is no VAT charge presently payable.
- Unfair dismissal claims – typically an unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal claim (with no discrimination) takes us between 20 and 25 hours and our hourly rate is £200 per hour. There is no VAT charge presently payable.
- Discrimination claims – typically a discrimination claim (to include unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal claim) takes us between 30 and 35 hours and our hourly rate is £200 per hour. There is no VAT charge presently payable.
These legal fees exclude charges for disbursements. In addition, the disbursement charges are
- 25 pence per page for photocopying;
- any postage (either Royal Mail postage or courier services) if applicable;
- travel at 45 pence per mile; and
- any hotel accommodation costs. Disbursements will be advised in advance of the charges being incurred.
We can also assist part way through an Employment Tribunal, this can either be on an hourly rate and time recording basis (on £200 per hour) or based on fixed fees.
Fixed fees are available if you do not wish us to formally come on record to act for you. These are calculated on what type of work is required. We would look at the time required and then provide a fixed fee which is generally lower than the time record. For example, if a defence is needed and we felt it would take three hours, the fixed fee would £450 instead of £600.
Please note we also act for both individuals and companies where they have legal expenses insurance, so are charges are subject to the fees payable by your insurance company. It is worth checking if you have legal expenses cover so please contact us to discuss further.